The perfect slow cooker recipe for a cold winter day.
|Total Time:||4-6 hrs|
· 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
· 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
· 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
· 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
· 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
· 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
· 1/2 teaspoon cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
· 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
· 1 Roma tomato, diced
· Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
· Sour Cream
1. Place chicken into a 6-qt slow cooker.
2. Stir in chicken broth, quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours, or until liquid is reduced.
3. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks.
4. Stir chicken into the slow cooker; top with cheeses. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 10-20 minutes, or until the cheeses have melted.
5. Serve immediately, garnished with avocado, tomato, cilantro and sour cream.