At Dairy West, we are passionate about the work we do on behalf of Dairy Farmers.
Our mission is to create a world where farmers and the dairy industry prosper and, together, build healthy communities around the globe. Our team is currently 20 strong and growing. Click here to learn more about who makes up the Dairy West team (our staff and board members).
Generally, the work that we do falls into two primary categories – those programs, events and relationships that Build Trust in dairy farming and dairy products and those that Build Demand for dairy products.
Trust | Action | Stewardship
We believe that in order to do great work, it is essential to build trust – with each other, our farmers, our partners and the broader community.
In order to make an impact, we must take action. Our partnerships and programs are built on internal & external collaboration. We believe in engaging our community in positive, meaningful ways that make a difference.
Just as our farmers are stewards of their land and animals, we take oversight of the farmer investment seriously and pledge to make decisions that will drive the most value.
At Dairy West we believe in building partnerships, putting on events, and organizing programs to help achieve our mission. We also believe in employee development and optimization. Our team and work is divided into:
Work with industry and community partners to build demand for dairy products, prioritize dairy research, and identify opportunities for workforce development. To achieve these goals we work with Dairy processors, Universities, and grocery stores. In this area we are focused on solving challenges related to hunger and helping retailers better understand dairy.
Our Marketing team encompasses the work we do in communications (internal and external), farmer relations, and health and wellness. It is here that we focus on building trust through masterful communication and impactful programs.
Developing our team is a top priority at Dairy West. We have a full time staff person dedicated to improving internal processes and identifying ways that our culture, our leadership skills, and our engagement can continuously improve.
No organization is complete without a team dedicated to the inner workings of the business. Our finance/operations team is engaged with all employees and focused on optimizing our processes to truly steward our dairy farmer investment.
Position Title: Health and Wellness Manager
FLSA Exemption Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President, Health and Wellness
Last Updated: January 2019
Reporting to the Vice President of Health and Wellness, the Health and Wellness Manager embraces the global vision and partner strategy across the dairy industry and advances regional interests through the development and management of Dairy West’s health and nutrition initiatives. The Health and Wellness Manager remains absolutely committed to Dairy West’s mission and core values while managing a variety of programs and relationships that promote dairy and provide health and nutrition education to a variety of stakeholders.
The Health & Wellness Manager exhibits strong organizational skills and self-motivation, celebrates cross-team collaboration, and demonstrates solution-based innovation. Additionally, the Health & Wellness Manager embraces diverse responsibilities, is open to regular feedback, and adapts to change with ease and enthusiasm.
• Embraces and executes the regional, national and global vision and partner strategy across the dairy and health and wellness industry
• Builds and maintains working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including key health professionals, youth wellness leaders, industry partners and farmers, to develop advocates for dairy and the Dairy West mission
• Implements creative, impactful nutrition and health outreach to advance regional interests while furthering confidence in dairy farming and dairy products
• Manages promotional and educational resources, partnerships and events as determined by the Dairy West strategic plan
• Collaborates with colleagues to integrate a variety of initiatives to market and promote the industry
• Communicates the value of dairy farming and dairy products
• Provides support to execute the strategic plan as directed by the Vice President of Health &
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Works collaboratively to achieve success
• Demonstrates a mindset of service and helpfulness to others
• Shows a propensity to be action oriented and appreciates a fast-paced, variable work
• Shows respect for others and has caring, direct conversations when necessary
• Builds trusting relationships both within and outside of the Dairy West organization
• Clearly communicates the value of checkoff and our programming
• Executes all job functions with a commitment to excellence
• Proactively offers solution-oriented innovation
• Prioritizes and manages workload effectively
• Keeps the farmer investment top of mind, always
• Takes risk in pursuit of excellence
• Demonstrates a high level of curiosity and willingness to pursue professional development
• Takes ownership for individual success within the company
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, plus five years of experience in a field that would support the
responsibilities of the position, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
• Registered dietitian preferred
• Strong technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel, as needed, based on the role and responsibilities
This is a full-time position based in Dairy West’s Draper, UT office. Salary will be determined dependent on experience and full benefits will be offered. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a health-related field that supports the job description plus 5 years of experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Given the nature of Dairy West’s work, this position may occasionally include some in-state and out-of-state travel. This role reports to the Vice President of Health and Wellness.
Please submit cover letter, three references with contact information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org For questions, please contact Heidi Martin, Vice President of Health & Wellness, at 208-810-7558.
Deadline is February 15, 2019