Fueling Greatness with the USU Track Team!
This week, we have introduced Fuel Up to Play 60 to our local communities to highlight the importance of School Breakfast Week and bring people with common goals and interests together. On Wednesday, we teamed up with the Utah State Track & Field Team at Woodruff Elementary in Logan, Utah. Together we prepped and served school breakfast to the students. Check out the recipes here.
“This is a great opportunity for our students to get involved with our local community. Fuel Up to Play 60 is a program aligned with our values as a team and we are thrilled to serve as examples for our next generation of leaders and athletes.”
– USU Head Coach, Gregg Gensel
The Track Team encouraged students to fuel up every morning with breakfast and talked about how they #FuelGreatness with adequate sleep, healthy diets including breakfast, and hard workouts.
Wanting some specifics, we asked the Utah State superstars, “How do you Fuel Greatness?”
- “I go to bed early so I can have energy to play and practice all day!” – Trevor Anderson (pole vault)
- “I drink chocolate milk to make sure my bones are healthy and strong to jump over lots of hurdles” -Joanna Boyd (Steeplechase)
- “Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal! Because I have breakfast I know I’ll be able to run fast. My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, toast, banana, and a cup of milk.” – Abbie Barrett (5000m)
- “I love breakfast because it taste good and give me energy to run like a cheetah!” -Jackie Heaps (5000m)
- “Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It helps me have the energy to perform my best each day.” -Hannah Malone (5000m)
- “Fuel your body with good food and your mind with confidence and you can do anything.” -Tori Parkinson (Steeplechase)
- “I fuel greatness by exercising and eating right” – Head Coach, Gregg Gensel
We want to give a big thanks to the USU Track team in helping demonstrate greatness, the Woodruff Elementary School lunch ladies by fueling greatness, and the other Woodruff staff members for helping inspire greatness.
Remember to Fuel Greatness everyday with Breakfast!
You might also be interested in: