Farm Family Scholarship Eligibility
GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- The scholarships are open to immediate family members of licensed Idaho and Utah dairy operations. The dairy must have a valid milk permit at the time the scholarship application is submitted.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic record, leadership qualities, community involvement, and need.
- Scholarships will be awarded to both agricultural related and non-agricultural majors.
- Each applicant is eligible to receive one scholarship as a graduating high school senior and one scholarship as a continuing education student, or a maximum of two (2) scholarships as a college or continuing education student.
- Handwritten applications will not be considered.
- Provide two signed letters of recommendation with the application. Please note: family members may not provide recommendations.
- Provide a copy of either your high school transcript for graduating high school seniors or college transcript for continuing education students. Unofficial transcript from applicant’s school is acceptable.
- Scholarships will not be deferred for use at a later date. Scholarship monies must be applied to the recipient’s school tuition in the year in which the scholarship was awarded or the scholarship will be forfeited.
- In July, scholarship checks for recipients will be mailed to the school indicated on the application requesting the funds be applied to the recipient’s account.
- Scholarship recipients may be asked to furnish a photo of themselves and a short biography to be printed used in Dairy West public relation efforts.
- All documents must be received and/or post-marked by the deadline date. Partial applications and late entries will not be considered.
APPLICATION PERIOD: MID JANUARY – EARLY MARCH