8 Must Try Fall Recipes
The orange and red colors, the smells of autumn leaves, the cool evenings, and family gatherings… all indications that fall has arrived. It’s all so magical to me, but let’s face it: one of the best parts about this season is the wonderful, cozy fall food. For this reason, we chose 8 of our favorite fall recipes. If you aren’t enjoying the season already, these recipes will be sure to get you in the mood. Give them a try and let us know how they turn out.
1. Apple Cheddar Bread – Nothing screams fall more than apples. The Gala, Granny Smith, Fuji, Pink Lady, etc. are all in season this time of year. Mix your favorite kind of apples with some cheddar cheese to make this hearty bread.
2. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Milkshake – I will have to admit pumpkin is probably my favorite thing about fall and it gets even better when you add dairy! We love this combo from our friend Carrian at Oh Sweet Basil. Blend together vanilla ice cream, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and chocolate chips for a quick afternoon or evening treat.
3. Split Pea Soup – When it comes to dinnertime, warm fall soup just hits the spot. Check out Becky’s new tasty recipe even a kid would enjoy.
4. Autumn Cobb Salad– Dried cherries, roasted squash, and crunchy apples add seasonal freshness to a traditional cobb salad. Heidi from Foodie Crush always gets it right! Mix and match ingredients to create a fall masterpiece, but don’t forget the cheese.
5. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – This cleaver twist on the traditional cinnamon roll has become a new fall tradition in my home. Try out these yummy rolls at your next breakfast or brunch.
6. Chicken Pot Pie –This easy comfort meal will satisfy your taste buds and warm you up even on the coldest fall evening.
7. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese – This recipe from Maria at Two Peas and Their Pod makes the most creamy, flavorful mac and cheese ever! By adding butternut squash to an already delicious mac and cheese you will have a dinner masterpiece.
We want to hear how your recipes turn out! Also, share with us your fall favorites – tag us in your post/comments @dairyutnv
– Kayli Cummings – Dairy Council of UT/NV